Dental treats for dogs are not necessarily a discretionary indulgence but are useful in keeping a dog’s teeth and gums healthy and its breath smelling fresh. There are many kinds of dental treats available for dogs and you can choose from a wide selection at Petco, PetSmart, or any pet supply store.
Among your choices for dog dental treats are:
* Hard biscuits, which are relatively inexpensive, yet effective at preventing tooth decay.
* Dog dental treats designed to give a dog the maximum benefit from chewing the treat.
* Fresh-breath dog dental treats that include ingredients like cinnamon to freshen a dog’s breath.
* Dental treats made from natural bones or rawhide.
* Soft treats that are nutritionally balanced and specially formulated with vitamins and minerals.
Some of the benefits of giving your dog dental treats include:
(1) Chewing dog dental treats strengthens a dog’s jaw muscles.
(2) Dog dental treats freshen a dog’s breath.
(3) Dog dental treats will scrape the dog’s teeth, helping to keep them clean and preventing plaque build-up.
(4) Dog dental treats massage a dog’s gums to keep them healthy.
(5) Dog dental treats augment the benefits of daily tooth-brushing.
(6) Dog dental treats can be given to a dog if it strongly objects to having its teeth brushed.
(7) Daily dog dental treats help prevent tartar and tooth decay.
Dog dental treats are designed to please almost any type of dog and come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, textures and flavors. You can choose from doggy treats that are nutritionally balanced, specially formulated, fortified with dog vitamins and minerals, wheat-free, holistic, organic, made from veggies, plus dozens of other formulas and tastes.
Some dog dental treats are made from natural bones; rawhide that has been knotted, twisted, chipped, and compressed; or biscuits filled with bone marrow. The hard texture of crunchy dog biscuits helps loosen the plaque that builds up on a dog’s teeth and along the gum-line. When a dog is given hard treats regularly it will keep plaque from accumulating, and also exercises the dog’s jaws and helps strengthen its teeth.
Some dog treats are soft and don’t offer the same dental effects that hard treats provide. However, some soft treats are nutritionally balanced and specially formulated with added ingredients to provide basic dental health. These treats are identifiable by the words “contains high levels of calcium” or “fortified with vitamins and minerals” listed on the label.
When choosing dog treats be sure they’re manufactured from 100% natural products that make them safe for a dog to eat. Treats made from natural sources also taste great so a dog won’t even notice its teeth are being cleaned at the same time. Doggy dental treats come in a wide array of flavors like cinnamon, peppermint extracts, chlorophyll, parsley seed, and baking soda. There are enough choices to please any dog’s palate.
Next time you’re in a pet store, buy your best friend some doggy dental treats to help keep its teeth clean and reduce the chances of it developing gum disease. An added benefit of treats are that they help eliminate doggy breath – and we all know how overpowering that can be at times.
No related posts.